We are looking for a Senior Buyer
- Execute procurement activities according to prevailing regulations, policies, plans and agreements
- Establish negotiation strategy and minimize risk.
- Search for- and evaluate alternative suppliers of equipment, materials, and services
- Prepare ITT documents and perform tender evaluation and negotiation.
- Be responsible for establishing the form of contract.
- Process purchase requisitions released and authorized from engineering.
- Be the single point of contact for commercial discussions with suppliers.
- Close cooperation with PRE, fabrication coordinator, QHSE, cost control and other internal stakeholders.
- Follow up procurement reporting and ensure a clear formal audit trail.
- Coordinate supplier quality surveillance.
- Ensure timely delivery of all documentation.
- Process VORs from suppliers, controlling risk, interface, budget, reporting and approvals.
- Responsible for close out of the procurement package including final account and experience transfer/lessons learned activities.
- Handle other tasks as relevant and as delegated by Project managers and Project procurement managers.
- Bachelor or master's degree in relevant subjects is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Solid knowledge within contracting and procurement is an absolute requirement.
- Advanced user level Microsoft Office (Excel skills in particular) is a plus.
- Ambitious and curious
- Good communication and cooperation skills.
- Structured and systematic approach.
- Analytical mindset
- Able to work on several complex tasks at the same time.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English.
- Proactive, solution- and goal orientated.
- QHSE awareness.
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.