We are looking for a Document Control Lead!
- Document Control Lead reporting to Engineering Manager will be an integral part of the AIP Project Management Team, working collaboratively within the AIP organisation, systems, procedures, and methods.
- The Document Controller is a key member of the AIP Project Management Team and shall be responsible for the handling of all documentation according to AIP Project procedures and to enforce the implementation of work and work processes to ensure contractual required flow of document typing and traceability. The Document Controller cooperates with and supports the Project Management Team (PMT) team to jointly achieve all project objectives.
- Ensure that relevant activities within the discipline are within the company framework and in conformance with contract requirements, Project Execution Plan, and relevant laws and regulations. The health and safety of personnel, natural and working
environment and equipment shall be taken care of.
- Ensure good cooperation, communication and alignment between the base organisation and the Project.
- Establish and maintain Project Document Control Procedures and set up in PIMS accordingly.
- Handle documentation in accordance with the Project document control procedure and Client requirements.
- Ensure the distribution of documentation internal and external, in accordance with Project document control procedures and the distribution matrix.
- Single point of contact for the establishment of document numbers for PMT and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure initial documentation packages are provided to stakeholders as guided by Project Manager
- Ensures systems are in place for archiving and storage of all required project key correspondence, including registering all required letters, reports, documents and surveys in PIMS.
- Act as PIMS Super-User for modules in use for Project.
- Provide introduction training to procedures and systems to Project Team and external stakeholders as required.
- Keep the content of PIMS updated and coordinate uploading of correct revisions to the Collaboration Portal.
- Administer external printing and copy assistance if required
- Assist Project Team with the establishment of required Contract documents
- Assist Project Team as needed within the area of Document Control.
- Archive all project documentation in the Document Management System (DMS) at the end of the Project
- Coordinate updating of technical documentation with CAD operator, if required.
- Distributing new revisions of operation manuals and hard copies of other technical documents.
- Keep the content of the electronic document handling system updated.
- Quality checks all incoming/outgoing documentation according to the Project quality checklist.
- Internal expediting to ensure that review cycles are closed, and comments are returned in time. Internal reporting to engineering managers for documents overdue for submission by contractors and overdue for return of comments by AIP.
- Input weekly and monthly reports for documentation.
- Other duties as required by the Engineering Manager
- Technical education at bachelor level or higher within the working area
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience within the working area.
- Good IT knowledge and experience with the use of relevant IT systems.
- Prior working experience using PIMS is a must, and knowledge of ProArc is an advantage.
- Prior experience working in a similar role on redeployment and / or modification projects is an advantage.
- Recent relevant experience in middle east / southeast Asian shipyards is an advantage.
- English – fluent written and verbal skills
- In consultation with the Engineering Manager, I have read the above job description and agree to carry out the Duties, and Accountabilities described therein.
Work Location: First six months in Oslo, then Dubai.
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company specialising in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, and recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.