We are looking for a Document Controller!
- The Document Controller is a key member of the AIP Project Team and shall be responsible for the handling of all documentation according to AIP Project procedures and to enforce the implementation of work and work processes to ensure the contractual required flow of
document typing and traceability.
- The Document Controller cooperates and supports the Document Control Lead to jointly achieve all project objectives.
- Ensure that relevant activities within the discipline are within the company framework and in conformance with contract requirements, Project Execution Plan, and relevant AIP
Laws and regulations. The health and safety of personnel, natural and working environment and equipment shall be taken care of.
- Handle documentation in accordance with the Project document control procedure and Client requirements.
- Ensure the distribution of documentation internal and external, in accordance with Project document control procedures and the distribution matrix.
- Keep the content of PIMS updated and coordinate uploading of correct revisions to the Collaboration Portal.
- Administer external printing and copy assistance if required
- Assist Project Team with the establishment of required Contract documents
- Assist Project Team as needed within the area of Document Control.
- Archive all project documentation in the Document Management System (DMS) at the end of the Project
- Coordinate updating of technical documentation with CAD operator, if required.
- Distribution of new revisions of operation manuals and hard copies of other technical documents.
- Keep the content of the electronic document handling system updated.
- Quality checks all incoming/outgoing documentation according to the Project quality checklist.
- Input to weekly and monthly reports for documentation.
- Other duties as required by the Document Control Lead.
- Technical education at bachelor level or higher within the working area
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience within the working area.
- Good IT knowledge and experience with the use of relevant IT systems.
- Prior working experience using PIMS is a must and knowledge of ProArc is an advantage.
- Prior experience of working on a similar role on redeployment and / or modification project is an advantage.
- Recent relevant experience in middle east / south east Asian shipyards is an advantage
- English – fluent written and verbal skills
Work Location: First 6 months in Oslo then Dubai
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.