We are looking for a Cost Control Engineer for a new project!
- The Cost Control Engineer reporting to Cost Control Lead will be an integral part of AIP Project Team, working collaboratively within the AIP organization, systems, procedures, and methods. Areas of responsibility will include detail cost reporting and forcasting as required to meet contractual obligations.
- Establish, maintain and update a cost control system which clearly reflects status for approved budgets, committed, actual and forecast cost.
- Maintain project CBS structure
- Verification of cost coding according to project CBS and proactively ensure that Contractor and Sub-Contractors implement the agreed CBS into their reporting.
- Implementation of changes and keep status for variation orders, including verification that the variation orders contain all required information.
- Establish and maintain periodic cash-flow based on actual and forecast figures, including monitoring currency effect.
- Verifiy and assist to ensure correct cost coding of POs and invoices
- Preparation of basis for invoicing and proactively follow-up that these are issued and paid.
- Coordination of project cost data with accounting and purchasing departments with focus on identifying issues and getting these resolved.
- Project cost status reporting, internal and external, with clear explanation of any deviations, including reasons and proposed mitigation measures.
- Project Contingency evaluation based on risk & opportunities analysis.
- Supervise a team of Quantity surveyors and produce cost evaluation on various contract items.
- Claim cost preparation work.
- You hold a relevant technical and economics education on bachelor level or higher and have 5 years’ experience working with cost follow-up in offshore related projects, preferably FPSOs.
- The right candidate is someone who understands that project control is an important part of the value we bring to our business.
- We are looking for a candidate who is structured, analytical and a true problemsolver with good communication skills.
- You are a team player but have the ability to work independently as well.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English.
- You have sound knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies.
- Prevoius user of PIMS Cost/Change/Contract modules.
Work Location: Trondheim, Oslo, Aberdeen, Dubai
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.