We are looking for a Purchaser
- Responsible for ordering spare parts, materials, services and logistics as required by unit/vessel.
- Ensure that all activities, for which he/she is responsible, are carried out in conformance with laws and regulations, contractual requirements and the Teekay Petrojarl Management System Manual. In particular health and safety of personnel, natural and working environment and equipment shall be taken care of.
- Purchase of spare parts, material and services for requisitions received from vessel, issue inquiries, evaluate quotations and issue Purchase Orders for approved purchase. Cooperate with onshore personnel and participate in purchasing activities as required for specific projects and modifications
- Assist the Procurement & Logistics Manager performing an annual evaluation of important/critical suppliers, including filing and follow-up of corrective actions from the Service Performance Evaluation.
- Ensure that supplies are in conformance with the requirements. Include requirements to Health, Safety and Environmental in relevant purchasing activities.
- Handle technical clarifications from / to suppliers in cooperation with the vessels to ensure correct deliveries.
- Select, evaluate and negotiate commercial terms and conditions with suppliers. Ensure that quality and documentation requirements are specified on all Purchase Orders. Handle OS&D (Over, Short and damage reports) received from the vessel and follow up towards suppliers.
- Maximum effort on cost-effective purchases making use of the electronic inquiry function in the purchasing system when issuing Purchase Orders. Continuously screening of suppliers to ensure best possible prices, delivery times and quality are achieved. Expedite and follow up PO`s and return requisitions including credit notes.
- Secure on-time delivery of purchase order. Expediting of suppliers including use of reminder log function in the Purchasing System for overdue Purchase Orders. Specific follow-up urgent material requisitions and shutdown requisitions. Give necessary input to plans as required.
- Handling logistics from suppliers to/from supply base and helicopter terminal. Communication with company`s partner for logistics and customs clearance. For transport by use of helicopter, communicate with offshore crew for booking of helicopter. Follow up and communicate with onshore supply base
- Cost reporting:
- Responsible for prepare of monthly accrued repair and maintenance cost report for assigned vessel in accordance with established procedures and check lists. Secure correct cost coding of Purchase Orders in accordance with the current plan of accounting and budget matrix.
- In cooperation with the Operational Manager and Project cost control ensure that third party costs are identified and reimbursed.
- Participating in the budgeting process.
- Participating in contract and Frame agreement management and make use of company`s Frame agreements inclusive Incentra A/L Frame agreements where appropriate.
- Handling and coding of invoices from suppliers
- Assist Purchasing Manager as required. Contribute to maintaining existing procedures and make more efficient work routines for the purchasing department. Participate in internal and external audit as required.
- Good insight and knowledge of international marine/offshore supplier market. 3 years of experience with work from similar purchasing activity and branch.
- Knowledge or experience with electronic purchasing systems for purchase and maintenance. Good understanding in economy and accounting systems. Contract knowledge and negotiation experience.
Work location:Trondheim/Oslo/ Aberdeen and Dubai in June 2023
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.