Interested in a job with possibilities to travel?
- Follow-up the work within the civil, onshore structural and architect disciplines in the project phases.
- For concept phase: Support development of scope and follow up structural related issues in studies as well as maturation of deliveries within the structural discipline as required per project phase
- During execution phase: Follow up contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule Tasks and deliveries
- Follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule. Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
- Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs.
- Support site selection with civil related evaluations including ground investigation and testing.
- Provide input to procurement activities for ongoing and future project phases within own discipline e.g. site preparation, design of structures, long lead items and company provided items (CPI).
- Contribute to planning and executing of civil engineering and construction scope.
- Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues.
- Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
- During execution, support construction field engineers and provide input to decisions within own discipline, f. ex. inter disciplinary input, handling of site queries (SQs) and non-conformance requests (NCRs), technical queries (TQs) and variation order requests (VORs).
- Support handling of relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG, non-conformance requests (NCRs).
- Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
- Ensure experience transfer from similar projects, operations and discipline network.
- Plan and execute follow-up activities e.g. verifications.
- MSc/BSc in Civil Engineering and good theoretic understanding regarding static, main and secondary steel structures
- Knowledge within material and welding of steel structures
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Experienced with Civil and structural engineering design follow-up
- Familiar with relevant Company requirements and rules, and regulations such as Eurocodes and Norsk Standard requirements.
- Experience from all relevant phases of development process: feasibility studies, concept studies and detail engineering
- Fabrication experience is an advantage
- Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
- Strong SSU focus and able to implement Company ZERO harm requirement in design and construction
- Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
- Flexibility with respect to travels, as some travels to Melkøya/Hammerfest will be required.
- English and Norwegian
Duration: 01.08.2022 - 31.07.2024
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.