Are you our next Piping & Layout Field Engineer?
- The Piping & Layout Field Engineer shall ensure that the activities and scope for construction within the discipline is planned, qualified, executed and documented in accordance with the contract specifications and with a high focus on cost efficient construction.
- During construction phase, follow-up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule.
- The Field Engineer is reporting in both the Construction line and towards the Piping & Layout Lead Engineer.
- Continuously be a role model for HSE standards, at all sites•Follow-up and contribute to Contractors fabrication activities (incl. shop engineering) within the discipline with emphasis on quality, schedule, cost efficiency and HSE.
- Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
- Ensure that Contractors site personnel are qualified in accordance with project requirements.
- Supervise inspectors in site team.
- Monitor work progress.
- Ensure that all required procedure qualifications are performed.
- Review selected drawings and documents issued by Contractor.
- Ensure that systems and equipment are protected and preserved.
- Ensure that fabrication documentation/records are issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements.
- Report deviations and highlight problem areas to Construction lead.
- Ensure completion for handover to commissioning, participate in area / system punch out as required.
- Support and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline, e.g. inter disciplinary input, handling of site queries (SQs), technical queries (TQs), punch item closure and assistance to site (ATS), as required.
- Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues.
- Participate in engineering and construction reviews and conduct audit/verification activities to ensure efficient constructability and system handover according to plan.
- Ensure experience transfer from similar projects, operations and discipline network.
- MSc/BSc in relevant technical area.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience (depending on role).
- Good piping and layout knowledge.
- Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards.
- Experience from all relevant phases of development process: feasibility studies, concept studies and detail engineering Fabricationand installationexperience is an advantage.
- Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
- Strong SSU focus.
- Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”).
- Team player.
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.