We are looking for a EICT Lead
- Manage EICT aspects, including Preservation Coordination and Technical Safety Lead Inspection.
- In addition being discipline lead act as package engineer for specific packages
- Ensure that relevant activities within the discipline are within the company framework and in conformance with contract requirements, Project Execution Plan, and relevant laws and regulations. The health and safety of personnel, natural and working environment and equipment shall be taken care of.
- Work with AIP operations team as well as client to ensure clear guidance and clarifications are provided with regards to scope of work and specifically for life extension activities of EICT .
- Work with AIP operations team to assist Contractor to arrange for required condition assessment inspections by contractor and / or OEM.
- Work with AIP Regulatory Compliance & Verification Lead and Contractors to ensure that required compliance and verification activities in areas of EICT & discipline are defined and executed as required.
- Take lead in ensuring not only EICT but AIP multidiscipline involvement in review of purchase order specifications, RFQs, vendor bid evaluations, bid clarification meetings up to clear recommendation / identification of vendor selection. It is expected that EICT Lead will prepare and maintain an engagement matrix to ensure required amount of involvement.
- Responsible for assistance with the maintenance of the Approved Vendor List for the Project including for all disciplines. Engage with other discipline leads (Mechanical, Piping, Structural etc.) as needed.
- Comment on the EICT & including arrangement on operability, functionality, accessibility and maintainability to meet requirements in laws, regulations, class, flag and contract.
- Responsible for IDC comments verification and approval within EICT &, shall conduct team reviews and respond to relevant TQ’s or non-conformances.
- Prepare EICT & SAS technical philosophies, specifications, documents and drawings as required to clearly define the scope of work.
- Monitor and review Contractor’s EICT & and deliverables to ensure compliance with all regulatory and contract requirements. Ensure compatibility and functionality of existing and new vessel systems and equipment.
- Participate in work pack review sessions as well as ensure that all work packs prepared by Contractor are complete in terms of scope definition in relevant areas.
- Review comments from Certifying Authority on design of the EICT & and assist in resolving issues.
- Participate in discipline checks, design reviews, HAZID’s, HAZOP’s and any other related safety studies.
- Report to the Construction Manager any delays in progress under his/her area of responsibility.
- Report to the Construction Manager any failure of design or gap between the delivered solution and the contract requirement, and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Participate in meetings and inspections as required, worldwide.
- Coordinate Lessons Learned input to AIP Project Management Team.
- Close assigned Technical Query (TQ) and other Action Tracker items in PIMS or formal MOM.
- Collaborate closely with other key disciplines in the Project Management Team. Call off assistance from discipline resources within area of responsibility as needed in order to keep quality and progress.
- Review documentation according to Document Distribution Matrix.
- Act as discipline lead within the Project Management Team for the work scope of EICT & SAS discipline.
- Ensure EICT & SAS philosophies and specifications are included and participate and ensure design verification of EICT & SAS engineering work is performed.
- Participate and follow-up as necessary in technical audits within area of responsibility.
- Oversee the development of relevant documentation for the EICT & SAS systems.
- Contribute and assist with review of operational philosophies, systems and processes.
- Contribute to experience transfer.
- Give input to the Regulatory Compliance Matrix to ensure legislative, class, flag state, Client specifications and AIP philosophy requirements are incorporated into the proposed design covered by the EICT & SAS systems.
- Report to the Construction Manager any delay in progressing the engineering deliverables by Contractor for the project scope.
- Ensures that AIP and Client safety, quality and management standards are implemented and maintained in the development of the EICT.
- Call off assistance from discipline resources within area of responsibility as needed in order to keep quality and progress.
- Ensure good cooperation, communication and alignment between the base organization and the project.
- Provide necessary assistance for interface coordination.
- Review and comment plans for Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for all EICT equipment and participate in tests as necessary.
- Ensures satisfactory results of FAT and report to the Construction Manager in case of discrepancies.
- Liaison and monitor daily construction activities (EICT, HVAC etc) with subcontractors/vendor at shipyard.
- Other roles (and role descriptions) as and when required
- Technical education on bachelor level or higher within working area.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience within EICT discipline and experience of at least two recent projects as EICT lead. Recent experience of LV/HV switchboard installation, E-house, transformer, load bank, Hi-pot test etc.
- Recent experience of working on modification projects and / or FPSO redeployment is strongly desired
- Recent experience of working on similar role on UK North Sea projects will be an advantage
- Strong leadership & interpersonnel skills applied to a multidisciplined project team
- Recent relevant experience in middle east / south east Asian shipyards is an advantage
- Diplomacy & assertiveness
- Organised, Systematic & Flexible
- English – fluent written and verbal skills
Location: Trondheim/ Oslo/ Aberdeen/ Dubai
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.