We are looking for a HSE Inspector!
The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Promote HSSE awareness, continuous improvement and provide skilled support to the onshore site team on all site HSSE related matters.
- Be a visible and respected HSSE leader on site, who promotes a strong safety culture in line with the OLP3 HSSEQ Vision, with significant site time who energizes the Site Team.
- Develop and implement the company site specific HSSE priorities, reinforce the companys HSSE requirements to the site team and conduct regular site inspections and verifications to ensure compliance with all HSSE standards and regulations. This includes leading and executing frequent and risk based IOGP577 verifications at site.
- Evaluate the HSSE performance of the site using agreed KPI’s and other means, and drive improvement opportunities.
- Lead the review of Contractor Project HSSE Plans, Emergency Response Plans, Safe Work Procedures and other relevant site specific HSSE documentation.
- Assist with planning and delivery of HSE Leadership Engagements at the site.
- Ensure robust implementation of Project HSSE Activity Plans and Assurance activities, and participate in Contractor’s site HSSE inspections, verifications and audits.
- Assist with competence assurance activities, including development and execution of HSSE training programs and onboarding of team members, specialist contractors, and visitors.
- Support Construction Safety planning and execution of construction, integration, installation, and commissioning activities.
- Drive an open reporting culture and ensure diligent reporting of all incidents and Life Saving Rules violations in SpheraCloud, lead/support investigation and implementation of learnings to prevent reoccurrence.
- Conduct regular meetings with the onshore team to communicate HSSE performance, provide feedback, and identify areas for improvement.
- The Site Construction HSSE Lead will be responsible for leading HSSE in construction related to delivery of the Onshore Greenfield and Brownfield scope at the OLP3 onshore project site during a high activity period with significant HSSE exposure.
- Activities throughout this period of execution and commissioning include the introduction of energized systems and introduction of specialist contractors, followed by increased interfaces with Nyhamna Asset and execution of HSSE in Transition.
- The role will be required to work closely with the onshore Construction Manager and Aker Solutions Site team to ensure that all HSSE related issues are addressed.
- The role reports directly to the Project HSSE Manager, with day-to -day reporting to the Construction Manager.
- Member of the OLP3 HSSE team and onshore site team, working closely with other team members.
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in a HSSE role in the oil and gas industry, with at least 5 years of experience in Construction HSSE Role or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of Norwegian HSE laws and regulations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Experience in conducting incident investigations and risk assessments.
- Ability to develop and implement HSSE requirements, plans and procedures, and to perform HSSE verifications and audits in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Working knowledge of construction site safety processes, preparation and execution practices.
- Curiosity, adaptability, resilience, ownership, and drive for continuous learning and improvement.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated, organized and able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and can work well with people at all levels of the Project and Site organization.
- Able to use computer and programs for general business applications.
- Fluency in Norwegian and English is essential. Strong written and oral communication skills with both individuals and groups.
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.t expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult.