We are looking for a HVAC Engineer with relocation to Dubai
Job DescriptionThe Construction HVAC Engineer reporting to Construction Manager will be an integral part of AIP Project Team, working collaboratively within the AIP organization, systems, plans, procedures, and methods.
The HVAC Engineer is responsible for monitoring the quality of discipline related documentation on design solution and all engineering activities within EPC towards HVAC disciplines. The HVAC Engineer shall ensure that all necessary information to follow up Construction and in the later phase Commissioning is in place.
HVAC Engineer shall ensure that the completion system (PIMS) has the necessary data available to execute system and sub-system definition, have P&ID ready for system boundary mark-up, and information available to develop commissioning procedures after the Construction phaseThe HVAC Engineer shall also review all FAT- and SAT-procedure and vendor commissioning procedures. HVAC Engineer shall also review vendor preservation procedures. A close relation with Engineering, and MC will be required to ensure alignment on plans and progress. Key activities to coordinate will be PFDs/UFDs, P&IDs, ISOs and boundary drawings, process data sheets, plans, and close follow up of field activities
- Ensure that relevant activities within the discipline are within the company framework and in conformance with contract, Yard Execution Plan, and relevant regulations. The health and safety of personnel, natural and working environment and equipment shall be taken care of.
- Act in accordance with Alteras core values and HSE program and be Alteras representative for the HVAC Construction/Commissioning discipline performance to ensure that Construction/Commissioning activities are according to plan and executed actively in cooperation with project team.
- Ensure good cooperation, communication and alignment between the base organization and the project.
- Work with AIP operations team as well as client to ensure clear guidance and clarifications are provided with regards to scope of work definition.
- Work with JV Yard organization, Altera Construction and Commissioning Team and Client to ensure compliance and verification activities required.
- Participate in the process to establish a Construction network in the Project Completion System PIMS CMS and in the later phase as basis for planning and management of Commissioning activities
- Ensure that the Construction and Commissioning activities are timely planned and executed
- Contribute to the Management of Change process and to project risk workshop. Identify and follow up relevant risk and mitigating actions
- Coordinate and support Construction and Commissioning interfaces across all disciplines, including engineering and contractor
- Act as a driving force for development and implementation of all Construction and Commissioning activities for Rosebank FPSO project
- Responsible for verification and approval of IDC comments in the commissioning for own assigned systems
- Prepare electronic commissioning dossiers and procedures for HVAC systems
- Participate in the handover process from Construction to Commissioning for all assigned HVAC systems
- Participate in work pack review sessions as well as work packs preparation
- Participate in design reviews, HAZID’s, HAZOP’s and any other related safety studies.
- Report to Construction Mechanical Lead and later to Commissioning Mechanical/Utility Lead any delays in progress under his/her area of responsibility.
- Participate in meetings, inspections and tri-party walks
- Collaborate closely with other key disciplines in the Engineering Team. Call off assistance from discipline resources.
- Other duties as required by the Construction Mechanical Lead and in Commissioning to Mechanical/Utility Lead
- Technical education on Batchelor level or equivalent experience
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience within operation, project execution, Construction and Commissioning
- Operating experience both from the Norwegian continental shelf and international projects will be considered a strong advantage
- Relevant experience from Middle Eastern / Southeast Asian shipyards is a major advantage
- Recent experience of working in a similar role on UK North Sea projects will be an advantage.
- Experience in FPSO redeployment is strongly desired.
- Leadership & interpersonal skills applied to a multidisciplined project team
- Organized, Systematic & Flexible
- English – fluent written and verbal skills
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult!