We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor for a project in Dubai
We are recruiting for redeployment project for the Baleine Field in Côte d’Ivoire.
Altera Infrastructure has been selected by Eni and its partner Petroci for using the Voyageur Spirit on Baleine Field in Côte d’Ivoire.
The Voyageur Spirit will undergo upgrade and life extension work in Dubai, to be ready for a firm operating period of 15 years on Baleine.
Job DescriptionThe Quantity Surveyor (Measurement and Surveying Engineer) has the primary responsibility to provide support to the Lead Quantity Surveyor as required and in managing the construction contract costs including measurement reports and quantities related progress reporting from the Contractor JV yard construction work. Contributing to minimize cost and risk of construction. Ensuring correct and timely registration, approval and quality of input to allow a quick turnaround of reporting and capture of the Earned progress related to quantities early.
- Register and follow up of all documentation and drawings related to material take off and quantity surveying.
- Attend site meetings and physical verification of works carried out in site and prepare quantity take-off and remeasure the quantities for all disciplines and cost evaluation with re-measurement rates.
- Prepare and Update Site Instructions spreadsheet.
- Prepare, monitoring and verifying yard remeasure quantities, estimates, variations, on-site progress of work performed and quantity related activities.
- Monitoring and verifying quantity developments, updates, adjustments, changes and prepare forecasts.
- Ensuring that measurement report and quantity updates are reported accurately with good quality and reflect the correct engineering solutions and construction progress at yard.
- Working collaboratively with yard to meet measurement requirement on method of measurement, data structure, discipline, submission plan and document register.
- Liaising and working collaboratively with cost control, weight management, procurement, change management and planning responsible on project control and management activities.
- Undertake Project Control Reporting duties as required.
- Documenting relevant changes in design and updating budgets when required.
- Building and maintaining healthy and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Re-locating to construction site (Dubai) is needed.
- BSc/MSc.in Engineering, Construction Science or Construction Management, or in any other related field. Relevant experience can compensate for formal education.
- Minimum 5 years' experience within oil and gas sector on large EPC projects in similar position (related to construction estimating, measurement, weight/quantity control and/or finance)
- Knowledge of project management and control within offshore sector: bottom-up estimating methodologies, measurement and surveying, multi-discipline understanding
- Ability to structure and analyze high multi-dimensional data, presenting on both high and detail level.
- Team player with commercial/contractual mindset and excellent communication skills
When the right people connect, we create value.
MDE Group is a global recruitment company, specializing in finding and placing the greatest talents worldwide. MDE currently consists of 12 companies that offer consulting, staffing, recruitment services as well as offshore personnel. With our unique knowledge of both the local and the international market, we will connect employees and companies, so they both find exactly what they are looking for. MDE aims to contribute to people developing and to ensure that our customers achieve great value from our services. We first succeed when both clients and our candidates reach their goals, together.
Our mission is to deliver relevant expertise. The right person with the right competence, at the right place and time. So simple, yet so difficult!